Google Analytics comes to Squidoo!
- There’s a single place on set it up, and it automatically appears on all lenses (as well as your profile, trophies and other pages).
- You get the full set of available statistics, much more than with the old image based trackers, including: search engines, keywords, referrers, bounce rates, length of visit, click events and much much more.
For more information about this, read How to Track Lenses with Google Analytics. There is also some additional tips on how to get the most out of GA, and how to interpret the results.
Now for some specific advice for Lensmasters looking to transition their stats:
- If you are already tracking your lenses with Google Analytics using the old method, then you will need to remove all of your tracking codes before switching on this new method. Otherwise, you’ll get some visits counted twice.
- Alternatively, you could create a new ‘Web Property ID’ to put in your profile settings, and collect a fresh set of stats there. You can the remove the old tracking code at your leisure, perhaps running the two sets in parallel for a few days or weeks.
- If you don’t use GA at all yet, then now’s a good time to try it and see if you like it.
- If you are using another service, and don’t want to lose the historical stats you’ve built up over the years, then you can continue using it as well as GA.
- Give Your Squidcasts More Legs
- Statistics for Your Amazon Links
- Improved Tag Pages at Squidoo
- Saying Goodbye to ClearSpring Widgets
- Making the Most of Squidoo Tags