This week Squidoo have updated the lens workshop. You probably won’t notice it looking any different, but it is now much quicker when editing and publishing lenses.
This means that the Workshop Addon for Firefox and Chrome has also been updated to keep up with the changes. This is also an opportunity to include some new features, such as filtering the points to see just sales or blessings.
If you are an existing user, you will need to update to the latest version.
Also this week, Squidoo HQ have unveiled their new official news portal. This will become the central place to get the latest official news and announcements, include Status Updates, Lens of the Day and Morning coffee. They have also opened up the commenting on the site, so that you can join in the conversation.
Be sure to follow @Squidoo on twitter, SquidooHQ on Facebook
or subscribe to the RSS feeds or sign up for email updates.
Here’s a quick round up of some other, older news:
- Squidom lens directory is now run by SquidUtils. All Lensmasters are invited to create accounts and submit their best lenses. Don’t forget to visit other peoples lenses and vote for the good ones.
- Another good lens directory to join is LensLike, run by DeeGator.
- Amazon Poster Ads are proving very popular amongst many Lensmasters, and are working really well for them. If you’re an Amazon Associate and have tried them yet, read this post.
- The Squidoo Toolbar has been updated, and should now work on Firefox 4 and Google Chrome.
That is all for now. Happy Squidding!
Many of you are familiar with the Squidoo Lens Workshop Addon for Firefox and Chrome – if not, click the link for more information. Anyway, today I have released a new version: v1.4. This is mainly to provide increased support for Google Chrome, but it has also been slightly improved for Firefox users too. I’ve fixed the mess with the dashboard banner (sorry), and removed the now defunct support for Groups.
Firefox Users: If you already have Greasemonkey installed, then all you need to do is install the script again (step 2).
Google Chrome Users: The latest version of Chrome (4.0) has built-in support for Extensions, so all you need to do is install it.
Don’t forget, the Cleaner SquidU script still works on Firefox and Chrome.
If you have any questions, problems or ideas for new features, please let me know.
Disclaimer: this is a 3rd-party addon for Lensmasters, and is not supported by Squidoo.
This news has already been leaked out via a few other blogs, so this post marks the official release of the SquidUtils Toolbar. It is available for both Internet Explorer and Firefox, on Windows, Mac and Linux.
This toolbar is designed to make the job of a Lensmaster easier, by putting some of the most used functions along the top of the browser.
Here are the four main features:
- Notification of Lensrank updates
- Instant switch between multiple accounts
- All the social functions in one place »
- Easy access to all the tools at SquidUtils
The toolbar had many other features as well, including quick links to all your lenses, groups and comments, a list of all the lens types you can build, plus a quick way to paste tags on to your lens.
All this and more is described here on the SquidUtils Toolbar lens.