How to Add a FanClub Counter
Back in June 2008, I introduced the ‘FanClub Counter’ – an orange box that shows how many fans you have in your FanClub, linking back to your profile on Squidoo. An example is shown here »
You may have already seen this on other peoples lenses and profiles.
If you want to know how to add this to your own lenses, here’s how:
- Go to the Lensmaster Feeds page.
- Type in your Lensmaster name, and login.
(this is your username, not your real name or email)
- Copy the HTML Code shown near the bottom.
- Go to your member profile, and edit your Default Bio.
- Paste the code where ever you like, and save it.
- The counter will now appear on your profile,
and every lens that uses the default bio.
On lenses, only the first ~225 characters will be shown (not counting HTML tags), and everything after that those will be hidden behind a ‘More…’ button. So, bear this in mind when pasting in your FanClub Counter code…
(This is the first of many Quick Tips that I’ll be posting, with step-by-step instructions of how to use all the tools here at SquidUtils).
- Saying Goodbye to ClearSpring Widgets
- New Tools for Squidoo Lensmasters
- 4 Out Of 5 Lenses Have Poor Health!
- Being an Amazon Associate on Squidoo
- Adding “ReTweet” Buttons To Your Lens